Lessons and Carols

It is the season for Lessons and Carols.

It is the season of expectancy - and pregnancy - luring us into our deepest core.

It is the season for Silence and journeying inward.

It is the season that invites us - as Emily Dickinson once wrote -

"To dwell in possibility."

I awaken over and over in the night with a choir singing in my soul:

"A voice cries out -
Prepare the way of the Lord,
Make straight in the desert,
A highway for our God.
Every valley shall be lifted up
And every mountain made low.
The Glory of the Lord shall be revealed..."

The music coaxes me from a deep sleep and gently urges me to go deeper into my heart to prepare the way of the Lord.

(Words by LLoyd Larson)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"