The River Sleeps


Yours is the day,
Yours also the night;

You established the luminaries

and the sun,

You have fixed all the boundaries

of the earth;

You made summer and winter...

- Psalm 74

I approach the river with reverence...
The first flurries are coming down...

The River Sleeps...

So much stillness this morning...
So much peace...

Verses from a Spanish song come to me:

Al otro lado del rio

creo que oigo una voz
al otro lado del rio...


sobre todo no creo

que todo esta perdido...


tanta lagrima

y yo soy un vaso vacio...


oigo una voz que me llama,

casi un suspiro...


(I hear a voice

on the other side of the river...


all is not lost...


so many tears and I -

am an empty glass...


I hear a voice that calls to me -

barely a sigh...)



Create a clean heart O Lord,
in all of us this season.
May we all work, and pray,
and love and sleep
in Heavenly Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"