New Day, New Year

I feel the newness of the day...and of the year...

I begin the last day of the year by reading a passage from Yogananda:

"Let us forget the sorrows of the past
and make up our minds not to dwell on them
in the New Year.
With determination and unflinching will,
let us renew our lives,
our good habits,
and our successes.
If the last year has been hopelessly bad,
the New Year must be hopefully good."

I celebrate the end of a difficult year by sipping champagne and singing and listening to show tunes by Lerner and Lowe, Sondheim, Bernstein, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cole Porter....

I meditate at midnight and sing and pray psalms, chants by Hildegard, the Ave Maria - and pray deep into the night...

I arise and do my morning meditation and read this passage by Yogananda:

"With the opening of the New Year,
all the closed portals of limitations
will be thrown open
and I shall move through them
to vaster fields,
where my worthwhile dreams of life
will be fulfilled."

I begin a new day and new year - full of promise - letting go of regrets...

I sanctify my prayers by walking the labyrinth...and by doing a headstand in the middle of it...

I move from the old into the new - confidently, into new territory...
Divinely guided and embraced...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"