Humility

I awaken this morning with readings and thoughts on humility...

Yogananda says - that we are never the doer - but that instead - God is...

We should think that whatever acts we are performing - it is God who is doing the work through us...

If we really believe this - it changes everything...

I think of a friend who once reminded me to do everything with love...

I think of the opportunities I had to exercise greater love this week - and how I did not...I wasn't attentive enough...But instead of focusing on limitation - I see an opportunity to grow and blossom...

I remember Mother Teresa and St. Jeanne de Chantal who exhorted that we perform the little acts of our days with great love...

I think of St. Teresa of Avila who wrote that our hands are not ours - but are really the hands of God - for they perform his holy work - opus dei...

We must be more mindful...vigilant...humble...and this is not one of my great strengths...

So many opportunities abound to love and to transform each moment into something beautiful for God...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"