The True Self - Part II

The following exercise is adapted from Nischala Joy Devi's The Secret Power of Yoga - A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras - referred to in an earlier post. This is very reminiscent of the process Sri Ramana Maharishi practiced and taught.

Place yourself in a meditative state and then reflect on the following questions:

Who am I?
Am I the body?
No, I am not the body.

Who am I?
Am I the organs of motion?
Am I the organs of the senses?
Am I the eyes that see all sights?
No, I am none of those things...

Who am I?
Am I the ears that hear all sounds?
No, I am not the ears or the hearing.

Who am I?
Am I the skin, the sense of feeling?
No, I am not the shin or the sense of touch.

Who am I?
Am I the mind?
No, I am not the mind.
How can I be the mind if I am observing the mind?
I must be something other than the mind.

Who am I?
Am I the emotions?
No, I am not the emotions because I can observe and change the emotions.

Who am I?
Even the original I that was put in the center of the heart is not me.
Because I put it there.

Who am I?
I am beyond all these things.
I am Absolute Truth,
Absolute Knowledge,
Absolute Bliss.

Who am I?
I am the one who knows.

This will keep you entertained for a while. For the complete exercise - see pp. 160 - 162 in the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"