Peace Within

I am reminded by a friend - of these classic words by the Rolling Stones:

"You can't always get what you want,
but you always get what you need."

I reflect on so many messages coming to me from so many sources - not from the places I want - but from the unexpected ones that I need...

I review some email in a folder as I organize saved content on my computer and am led to one written almost three years ago, containing this stunning quote.

It was a message for then.
It is a message for now.
It is a message for always...

"May today there be peace within.
May you trust your highest power
that you are exactly where
you are meant to be.

May you not forget
the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts
that you have received,
and pass on the love
that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing
you are a child of God.

Let this presence

settle into your bones,
and allow your soul
the freedom to sing,
dance,
and to bask
in the sun."
- Unknown

It is a message that keeps on giving.
For all of eternity...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"