Under the Weather

I am here in Charlottesville, Viriginia for my son's graduation from the University of Viriginia this weekend. I won't have regular internet access, and have "hopped" on to someone's connection at the moment.

I have spent most of this week sick - for the first time in fact - since the beginning of the Gulf War! That is the reason I have not written regularly.

As I gathered some reading and studying materials to bring with me, I ran across these quotes and will share them here. They spoke to me on so many levels - reminding me of moments and experiences of the last year, and of a new endeavor I am about to embark on. As a friend reminded me this morning in a email - many wonderful changes have been experienced recently.

"Your journey has molded you for your greater good,
and it was exactly what it needed to be.
Don't think that you've lost time.
There is no short-cutting to life.
It took each and every situation
you have encountered to bring you to the now.
And now is right on time."
- Asha Tyson

"The next message you need is right where you are."
- Ram Dass

"The affairs of the world will go on forever.
Do not delay the practice of meditation."
- Milarepa

"Wherever you go in the midst of movement and activity,
carry your stillness within you. Then the
chaotic movement around you will never overshadow
your access to the reservoir of creativity,
the field of pure potentiality."
- Deepak Chopra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"