Every Minute is Eternity

I spent a very long time down by the river this morning after meditation, pondering things in my tender heart, and revisiting the changes that began about a year ago in my life. I could never have imagined I would be where I am now. I thought of loss experienced at so many levels - but how loss is necessary for growth sometimes.

I looked with longing to the other side of the river wondering what was on that side - almost wishing I had telescoping eyesight. What treasures and secrets might be hidden on that side?

I observed the furtive squirrel that approached me with trepidation, and the bird that eyed me from its precarious perch.

And I also thought of this wonderful quote by Paramahansa Yogananda which brought so much solace and how it contained layers upon layers of insights to unpack:

"Every minute is eternity
because eternity can be experienced in that minute.
Every day and minute and hour is a window
through which you may see eternity.
Life is brief, yet it is unending.
The soul is everlasting,
but out of the short season of this life
you should reap the most you can of immortality."

And in the light of that, everything else seemed so minor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"