Conscious Breathing

Last night I had the pleasure and honor of watching a Master Teacher share her enthusiasm and love for yoga with brand new students.

I was in awe of how she transmitted this love and how she wove her theme into this very beginning practice. She focused on the idea of conscious breathing and deftly wove it into the first principle of alignment. She encouraged her students to be the recipients of the breath and its gift of life as they moved through the poses.

I learned so much from observing this gifted teacher. I entered her room with a beginner's mind and came away enriched and filled to the brim. It re-ignited my passion for this discipline and desire to be a good teacher as I face new students again next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"