Sacred Space

I arise and go to the river early... There is not a car or soul in sight...I commune with the river in the anticipation of dedicating a sacred space...There are signs everywhere of today's significance, easily missed by the non-observant heart...

Keys received - opening doors to sacred space - and to a new spiritual home - and a new phase in my life...

I enter in silence and pray a variation of Yogananda's Prayer:

Dearest God - lineage of beloved gurus, saints, angels and guides;
May thy love shine forever on the sanctuary of my devotion--
and the devotion and dedication of all who come to this sacred space
that we may all be able to awaken thy love in all hearts...

Drops of holy water from the Mother Ganges and from the shrine at Lourdes cleanse and sanctify this sacred space...

Fragrant holy oil anoints every corner of both rooms...

I bow in reverence and offer up my Kriya practice in this space, with the magnificent spiritual eye of God more visible than it has been...

Prayers and mantras mingle in sacred union - Hail Mary's and Our Fathers, and OM Namah Shivayas...

I pray:

May this sacred space be a refuge
for hearts in search of you...

May this sacred space always be a temple
of love and compassion...

May we attract those students
thirsting for greater meaning and a deeper spirituality

And may we draw unto us those teachers
who will be vessels of your love and peace...

May all of us who work here be channels and instruments
of devotion, always aware that our mission is sacred...

I have been led here, to create a new home for many--
Be with me and with all who come here - teachers and students
to always know union in community...

May this always be a haven for peace--
and may we be conduits of joy and bliss...

Prayer after prayer recited - offered from the depths of my heart and soul - part of a very sacred ritual...

I bow, and give thanks for the opportunity to begin a very sacred ministry...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"