A Day of Blessings

Today is 8-8-08 - a most auspicious day in China and Asia, and I have a friend who turns 50 today. My good wishes are with her! Today is also the start of the Olympics in Beijing.

My husband and I talked about the significance of this date and we noted how he will turn 55 on 9-9-09. He actually turned 45 on 9-9-99 and 45 in numerology equals 9. He was born on 9-9-54 - and again - 54 equals 9. I keep telling him he has no idea of the significance of his numbers, but he doesn't believe me, ha, ha!

This morning, in the midst of packing for a trip to Cape Cod, I reflected on the many events of my day yesterday, and some of the insights I gained from a gifted therapist. So much of what he had to say centered around awakening. I just happen to be reading Stephan Bodian's book, Wake Up Now, which reinforces some of those insights.

Then I ran across these quotes:

"Your vision will become clear
only when you look inside your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams,
who looks inside, awakes."
- Carl Jung

"The soul walks not upon a line;
neither does it grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself
like a lotus of countless petals."
- Kahlil Gibran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"