River Currents

I enter the park attentively, for there are deer wandering about very slowly everywhere...

One stops in the middle of the road and stares me down and will not budge. I wait until he decides he feels like moving on. None of the deer seem all that interested in me - or concerned in any way with my presence. It is as if I were a family member that is often overlooked or ignored...

The river is calm and very still - no discernible movement in the waters as I sit on my rock and survey the others that are normally submerged. I begin my prayers and the wind kicks up, and within moments I suddenly notice the currents moving upstream!

The currents not only move up the river - but towards me as well - wave upon wave heading towards me - gently breaking and dissolving at my feet. There is a message here for me, and I am filled with God's Presence...

I pray for a little girl who captivates my heart and whose birthday it is today, and a friend who lost her mother mere months ago, and now faces the loss of her mother-in-law. I pray for others as well...

I am grateful for two beautiful meditation opportunities that I was gifted with yesterday and my senses are filled with them...

I traveled to meditate with a group led by a gifted therapist and devotee, who asked us to consider whether we ever entered into partnership with God in dealing with our life issues and problems - or did we merely leave all the work for Him to do alone?

We were encouraged to focus on our heart chakra, inviting in God's healing energy, and then letting Him do the work that needed to be done in us - trusting that he would do it - and not digging up the planted seed of His work over and over again, to see if it had sprouted and then wonder why it had not borne fruit.

I think of internalizing the elements of trust and letting go - and accepting that God will provide in His own time, and on His own terms - knowing every moment and every step of the way what was best for us...

This gifted leader of this group spoke of a particular experience of samadhi, and reminded us that when we are on the path of soul ascension we often experience more separation than union - before we are able to experience deeper states of union and bliss - states that are truly available to us...

I enter DEEP into meditation after a powerful hypnotic induction - and feel a sense of freedom and releasing into God - I have not felt in a long time. I want to stay there forever...

My dreams are very active and I "see" God healing what I asked Him to heal...

I think at the river of how we come in "programmed" into our current lives and incarnations. We find the people we are supposed to find and avoid the situations we know will furnish the lessons we came here to learn because they may cause deep pain. So it has been with me - I knew whom I would marry and when I would meet him - just as I knew who would figure prominently in my life - and what relationships would cause deep pain. I knew these things even before I entered into them - doing so - because I knew I had to on some level that I cannot explain or begin to articulate...There is nothing that is accidental...The signs are all there for us - all the time...

And I reflect on these words of Yogananda as I prepare to leave the river this morning:

"Have only one desire: to know God.
Satisfying the sensory desires cannot satisfy,
because you are not the senses.
They are only your servants, not your Self."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"