Softening

As I write this, it is nearly 2 PM, and the bells are chiming, calling the nuns to prayer.

Yesterday, was a day that moved a lot of energy for me, as well as for many others, and we began this day by sharing those experiences. This property sits on a bed of rose quartz which opens and heals the heart chakra, so it is a very energetic site that can support the healing work we are doing.

I am always amazed at how supportive people are at these trainings. There is something about this community that is incredible. Over time, there is a cohesion, respect, and support, that Anusara Yoga teachers have developed for each other. Those attending are very in tune energetically, and we are walking with each other on our various healing paths. I am continually touched by the depth of insights, sharing, and openess within this community.

For example, this morning, a beautiful yogini noted how this is Yom Kippur, and how the day is tied into ahimsa (non-violence) and forgiveness. On this day you offer the highest and most authentic part of yourself and ask for forgiveness of those you have hurt - but you only do it three times. You offer what you have from a place of vulnerability and then you release and say you are sorry for the hurting you have caused. But you are not responsible for how it is received.

I found myself re-visiting hurts as a result of the practice which is taking us very deeply from an energetic perspective. There is so much I could say, but it has to wait because I don't have the time and it is also personal and difficult to articulate.

I am also amazed at all the insights I am getting into my practice - and how as I work with many different people - they bring up the very same things...There is always so much to work on - layers, upon layers - and you continually receive the messages you need to listen to.

Yesterday afternoon we did a powerful clearing ritual for each other. We teamed up in pairs. Incredible energy shifted for many. We were reminded at the end of the day to visualize a column of light within us to strengthen our core - for if we are weak there - we will harden on the outside to protect.

So many of these wonderful teachers I have paired up with are showing me that I am very strong - but I have hardened and need to soften in my practice. It seems to be the over-riding message for me. I know I have been very protective throughout this year.

As I worked with one woman today, she noted the mindfulness I engaged in my pose. She described it as poetry - but yet again, I was invited to bring some softening and surrendering into the pose.

So many lessons, coming from so many different places!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"