On Land and On Water

My journey this year, brings me back full circle to an unexpected beginning - mere days away from celebrating the first anniversary of this blog which began so spontaneously by a river that unbeknownst to me, would figured so prominently in my life...

As I leave the celebration of Thanksgiving behind, I look forward to the Season of Advent that will be ushered in tomorrow. It was during this Season last year, that I followed an inner prompting and began writing without any intention to do so...

I wrote to a dear friend, telling her that I spent the days of the Thanksgiving break - reflecting on my life - almost as an Act of Contrition - re-visiting every major phase and epoch lived and experienced - rejoicing and celebrating the lessons in each sacred period and moment. So much richness and so many insights and blessings were scattered everywhere - like the gifts this season brings and that I had overlooked...

As I enter more deeply into the contemplative quiet of these coming weeks and the many blessings it brings, I reflect on the touching and moving words sent to me this morning, by a friend of my past. They are a gentle reminder of what I should really focus on and what is ultimately important to realize, experience, and share during this time:

"May you find peace and simplicity in this Advent Season -
on land and on water."

May we all truly know the reason for the season - no matter what our tradition or background...

And I, will especially make a concerted effort to bring the peace, simplicity, and preciousness I experience within the river into every moment, as I try to tread more mindfully and gently on this land...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"