The River is Wide, Windy, and Bare

I go down to the river, hoping to put in, but it is too windy and the currents look strong...I have new gear for Grace I want to try out but it must wait...

I drive in and notice that the river is bare - the leaves have dropped and there is a view of the river that has not been accessible for nearly a year...It is so beautiful to see the river in all its glorious nakedness...

I walk down to the rocks and survey the broadness and width of the river. It looks so different than it did mere days ago...

I am touched by the gift my students gave me today - my heart is so warmed by their affection...

I begin a week with many special moments to come and give thanks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"