The River Swells

On this Saturday morning, I head out to the river for a moment before I begin a busy day. I have not been down here in over a week...

We've had so much rain that the river is swollen and very dirty. The rocks are all underwater and I cannot make my way down to the riverbank. The currents are swift, and many pieces of tree trunks and other debris are very hastily being carried downstream...

I come this morning, hoping - however faintly, that Grace and I can go inside - if only for half an hour. But I know it would not be prudent or safe - so instead I look on - both lovingly and longingly from it shores...

The river is purging once again as this year nears its end...So much letting go that has transpired on so many levels for both of us...Yet, there is always more work to be done...

I reflect for a moment on yesterday - not only a powerful day from the standpoint of numerology - 12:12 (twelfth day of the twelfth month) - but it was also a full moon, and the closest the moon has been to the earth in a long time.

The numbers - 12:12 - are significant not only in numerology, but also in Sacred Geometry. This sequence - 12:12 - is sometimes referred to as the "Gateway to Freedom" and is symbolic of completion. Often times, during periods of major transition, people will start seeing these numbers everywhere - on their clocks and watches, and other places. How interesting that these numbers are linked to this occasion of the full moon as well. This particular full moon was 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than other full moons!

There are always signs everywhere - the Universe is speaking to us all the time if we have the ears to hear, the eyes to see, and the heart to understand...

I leave the river longingly - looking forward to our next merging. It won't be long...But for now, I must return home and prepare to teach a workshop on yoga and ayurveda this afternoon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"