Cleared for Inversions - Yeah!

On a very beautiful, but cold February morning, I ride out to see my ophthalmologist, after a long and delicious meditation, to check my right eye for one final time for a condition being monitored since November...

I remember the sage words of a gifted Anusara Yoga teacher, BJ Galvan, who suggested my condition invited a greater sense of vigilance...

I am cleared by my doctor to begin my practice of inversions once again, and feel truly joyful! I also check that a meditation technique I practice isn't having any effect on my eyes...

I ride home, stopping to pick up my McDonald's coffee and to be in the sweet energy of the beautifully radiant woman who is always so graciously attentive and kind. In my heart of hearts, I know the world is populated by many more like her, and that in spite of everything, this is a wonderful world to be in...

I continue on to the river to breathe in that magnificent crisp air, and to give thanks. There is no one there - and I briefly consider doing one handstand at the river, but decide it would be best to do the first one inside, in my sacred purple sanctuary so infused with my meditation, the many prayers I have said, and my practice...

The river is as still as I have seen it in about 6 to 8 months...I can see clearly all the way down to the riverbed - and across - far and wide - and think to myself - this river is once again - a metaphor for my life...It embodies the very deep sense of clarity that I have been given and shown in my meditation in recent weeks...Though my heart still beats inside of me - this sacred river is as still as my soul and my heart...

The river is populated by herons and other fowl - a few of them are here and there - quietly floating on the perfectly still water - and my beating heart is one with theirs. The brilliant sun is practically blinding my one dilated eye - but I see beyond mere physical dimensions and peer with sacred, Divine Sight, into the expansiveness that is granted by Divine Love...My soul, drunk with this love, is fully present in the timelessness of this moment...

I come home, remove my coat and socks, come down to all fours and soften deeply - as I invited my students to do yesterday. For the first time ever, I feel myself embody this softening so essential to opening to Grace. My heart melts deeply, heavy with the fullness of Divine Love, and without the slightest hesitation I go up lightly - extending brightly from my grateful heart - in my first handstand since November. I offer it to God...

I come down, and give thanks for this experience - and for all blessings received - great and small - the ones I've missed and not appreciated - and the ones I've more easily recognized...

I go up once again - as light as a feather - joyous in my new found freedom of being airborne once again - touching the very bliss of God and supported by the whole radiant yoga community that has been there for me - at Willow Street Yoga - and the larger Anusara Yoga gang as well. I am blessed beyond words to be in the generosity of their company!

I bow in thanksgiving - my heart overwhelmed by the deepest gratitude!

I am so joyous in such a simple thing and think to myself - it doesn't get any better than this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"