Mahasamadhi Blessings

I intend to wake up in the middle of the night to meditate, in celebration of Paramahansa Yogananda's Mahasamadhi, commemorating his conscious exit from the body, which very enlightened yogis and masters are able to do...

But I sleep better than I have in a long time, so I cannot be roused. Instead, I awaken in the early morning, and meditate in that sacred time when the night yields its spirit into the new dawn...

I hear birds in the background as the sun rises, and I sit for longer than I have in a long time...

This is a time for the bestowal of special blessings, so I lay my requests at the feet of God and guru, reflecting on these words of Yogananda:

"The friendship that exists between guru
and the disciple is eternal.
There is complete surrender,
there is no compulsion,
when a disciple accepts
the guru's training."

"My body shall pass
but my work shall go on.
And my spirit shall live on.
Even when I am taken away
I shall work with you
for the deliverance of the world
with the message of God.
Prepare yourselves for the glory of God.
Change yourselves with the flame of Spirit."

On this sacred day, I am asked to render a report on my meditation practice, to ascertain where I am on my journey, before I may be guided to advance further. It is a blessing, and to receive this on this day is nothing sort of auspicious.

I seek to make as many moments in my day as centered on the Divine as is possible, so that some day, I too, may fully embody Yogananda's prayer and utmost desire:

"From the depths of slumber,
As I ascend the spiral stairway of wakefulness,
I whisper:
God! God! God!

Every night, in time of deepest sleep,
My peace dreams and calls: Joy! Joy! Joy!
And my joy comes singing evermore:
God! God! God!

In waking, eating, working, dreaming, sleeping,
Serving meditating, chanting, divinely loving,
My soul constantly hums, unheard by any:
God! God! God!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"