Compassion and Holy Week

I enter deeply into Sacred Space...

I enter more fully into Sacred Time...

I enter into this Holy Week, mindful of the sacredness of this week to different faiths. On Thursday, which is traditionally the Day of the Guru to devout Hindus, we commemorate the Last Supper and the beginning of the Lord's Passion, while our Jewish brethren commemorate Passover. It is also the Full Moon for good measure, and I cannot think of anything more auspicious! I think also of a dear therapist and friend now traveling through India, whose meditation group I attend, and who has requested prayers for the work that he is doing...

I am privileged to share the gift of Reiki this morning with a beautiful young couple who were drawn to this wonderful practice...

Later in the day, I enter the labyrinth, for the first time in two months, asking to receive whatever it is that I should receive, recalling the last time I came to walk it - with a dear friend. I meditate at the center for almost an hour, sending love, blessings, and healing energy to all those who have asked for prayers...

I drive home and stop by the river, now wishing I had gone in on Saturday, when it was warm and magnificent. I long to launch Grace once again, becoming one with the river. While so much is in bloom, it is cold and windy today, and the currents are very strong - hungrily lapping at the riverbank and boat launch area like ocean waves with reckless abandon...The river is swollen, and all the usual rocks I have sat on before are submerged...

It is a time for remembering, and entering deeply into spiritual practice, and extending compassion to all those in need...

I come home to a phone message from a friend on the West Coast I have not spoken to in a long time, and I tell her about my Lenten practice of saying the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows, and the book Left to Tell about the Rwandan genocide...

It is a good day. It is a holy day. It is a day well lived...It has been a day of inspiration, and spiritual practice, of good thoughts, and good deeds...

"May I not increase the ignorance of wrongdoers
by my intolerance or vindictiveness.
Inspire me to help them by my forgiveness,
prayers, and tears of gentle love."
- Paramahansa Yogananda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"