Right Where I am Supposed to Be

Yesterday, during an exchange of emails back and forth with a wonderful soul that came into my life almost exactly a year ago - this incredible yogini and angel simply noted, that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life...

It is so true. And it is not that I did not already know this - or have not had others observe or confirm this - but sometimes we hear something we have been listening to all along like it is an incredibly novel idea.

As someone who is both - a yoga student and teacher, I am amazed at how I have often heard an instruction for years, until one day - I finally got it. When I am in my role as teacher, I have had experiences of giving the same instruction to a student over and over again - until all of a sudden there is this "aha!" moment where it is truly understood and internalized. It's as if there is this one perfect moment for us to hear and digest what is needed, and it cannot happen one moment too soon...

My friend and I talked about many things - the pain of growth, the experience of loss, and the beauty of giving and sharing...

She noted how we draw into our lives what we need, in terms of experiences and relationships - and how it is important to invite others into our hearts without reservations, even if in due course of time it ends in pain. Even then, she wisely observed - we must accept the lessons we learn about ourselves and not close up again.

For if we withdraw and do not remain open to new experiences and relationships with just as much, if not more intensity and sensitivity - it would be like returning a gift unwrapped - and we would have failed to let the fruits of that gift flourish into other deeply rewarding and rich experiences and relationships...

Today, I thought of all the people that have meant something to me at various stages of my life. I was especially mindful of reconnecting with a long lost friend from my graduate school days in the last week, amazed at how social networks allow us to find people we cared about at different junctures of our lives...

I am grateful for the many blessings received through many wonderful and uniquely textured relationships and connections constantly unfolding - and most especially for those souls that have been there for me these last couple of years. (You all know who you are!)

I look forward to a time described by Paramahansa Yogananda to a dear soul friend of his. He envisioned a time spent together in Heaven, where earthly commitments and responsibilities would not limit their moments together or interfere with the sharing of everything that needed to be shared between them. They would simply enjoy each others presence in Sacred Time and Space.

But for now, I am right where I am supposed to be...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"