From the Soul

I've spent a portion of this day putting the finishing touches on a series of yoga classes I am going to do for clergy men and women at the Virginia Theological Seminary. I am excited because it allows me to combine my two loves of yoga and spirituality. During the course of three days we will dance our way from the practice of yoga as one that contributes to greater wellness - to one that is best expressed in the physical embodiment of prayer.

From time to time during the course of the day, I have checked for inspiration here and there from my various online friends. It seems we support one another sometimes in ways that are both unexpected and timely.

These are some of the morsels that fed my soul today...

"When you do things from your soul,
you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
- Rumi

"Dream big! Journey far!
But inhabit each step
…with joy!"

"I live in the hope of meeting HIM
but the meeting is not yet.
There is the agony of wishing,
my heart wanders,
waiting with the restless mind."
- Deepak Chopra

"Love is a second life;
it grows into the soul,
warms every vein,
and beats in every pulse."
- Josepth Addison

"What are 'I' and 'You'?
Just lattices in the niche
of a lamp through which
the One Light

radiates."
- Shabistari, 13th century Persian

"As there is no language
for the Infinite,
how can we express
its mysteries
in finite words?"
- Shabistari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"