Love is the River of Life

Today, on the Transitus of St. Francis of Assisi, I finish my book of poems for this year, titled, A River of Grace. Finishing another book, is always a great feeling of accomplishment.

There were so many people to acknowledge and recognize, but the book is dedicated to God and Guru, for as a dear friend often says, what else is there?

I share the last entry of the book, titled, "Love is the River of Life."

“Love is,
the river of life
in the world.”

So wrote Henry Ward Beecher

“Lord, make me an instrument
of your peace.
Where there is hatred,
let me sow love.”

So taught Francis of Assisi

“Love is all there is;
Love is all there is…”
So sang a friend of mine once…

“Would you know the Lord’s
meaning? Know it well...
Love is his meaning.
Who showed it to you?
Love.
”What did he show you?
Love.
Why did he show it?
For Love…”

So instructed Julian of Norwich

I drink in the nectar
of such sage words—
inked and penned and spoken
throughout centuries
and so many more phrases,
and morsels and expressions
dance inside my soul,
captivating my memories
and senses…

I have stepped onto the shore
of the other side
of the river of my life,
with Rumi in my heart:

“Inside this new Love, die.
Your way begins
on the other side.
Become the sky.”

I step onto a new shore,
Brought there safely,
in the embrace of the Divine,
who showed me how
to navigate and cross,
this river of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"