The River in Silent Reflection

I enjoy a few days of quiet, stillness, of journeying inwardly and deeply, of writing, researching, and meditating, healing, and contemplation...

Time flies, it goes so quickly, I sometimes wonder where it goes...

I arise very early for an appointment to have craniosacral work with a very gifted therapist who never ceases to amaze me with her expertise, her knowledge, her resources, her compassion, and her stunning, crystal clear insights. We explore some issues and their roots deep inside my body and work very creatively with toning and chanting, until I feel an explosion of heat and electricity coursing through my body. The body's ability to respond and communicate with us is truly amazing, if we are willing to listen and do the work that is required.

I leave with my homework assignments, and what I need to work on until my next appointment, and go out in search of coffee. I stop at McDonald's and encounter the beautiful middle aged woman from a Middle Eastern country, who once ministered to me last winter by taking my cold hands into hers, rubbing them, in an attempt to warm them - a gesture I have never forgotten. Who knows where we will encounter blessed souls sent by God to touch our lives?

We speak of God as I wait for my order - somehow entering a realm of shared understanding. She asks me how I have been. I have not seen her in a while. She also tells me that God has been very good to her. Then, very spontaneously, she asks me to pray for her - and indeed, to pray for others as well.

I wait for a moment, until she is free once again, and I tell her, that I will pray for her, though I do not even know her name. And her eyes radiate such love and gratitude, she warms my soul. Our hearts connect in a shared knowing and loving of the Beloved.

I make my way down to the river, with my "senior coffee." My McDonald's Sweet Angel gave me the senior discount, something she has done on so many occasions...

The river is quiet and still, and I make my way down to the riverbanks carefully, so I will not slip on the wet leaves. It is beautiful here. Overcast and gray - momentarily breaking from the rain. I could stay here all day - lost in the silence and solitude, but alas - I have work to return to!

I make my way back home, grateful for the many ways God has touched my life: through the gift of wonderful friends - some of them priceless - one or two of them very sacred gems in my life - and through healers of every sort. I am also grateful, because for the first time in my life, I am surrounded by souls who are in tune with me vibrationally. I no longer have to toil under a veil of discord, or tension. Every blessed being that has come into my life has enhanced it - and I am a better person because of their presence and their heart resonance. All of those relationships which once brought me strife, and conflict, have simply fallen away....

I continue to be amazed at how many like minded souls I come in contact with - in my work, my practice, in cyberspace, and in most unexpected places - connections are being made all the time...

Yes, I have been blessed, and the realization comes, as I was reassured many a time, by a dear friend - and by Julian of Norwich herself, when I sat in her cell back in 1988 - that "All shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well..."

And truly, it is...

Comments

Aralan said…
Your story about the woman at McDonalds is so touching. These moments when we reach out to each other and connect are such moments of incredible grace and sweetness. It is wondrous how a simple gesture of kindness and compassion ripples out from its source and reaches others and touches their hearts. Thank you for your presence and your story.
Olga Rasmussen said…
Thank you Aralan for your kind words! And yes, you put it so well - it is amazing how such a simple gesture can ripple out and touch so many hearts!

Blessings of love to you, in a shower of grace,
Olga

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"