Advent 2009 (Poem)

Today, we begin the Season of Advent. We are also starting to head into a season that is sacred to many religious and spiritual traditions. And so, as I reflected on the coming season of Advent for Christians, I found myself writing these words last night...

Advent 2009

I enter quietly
And softly
Into this Sacred Season
Of Silent Waiting,
Into this Holy Season
Of Soul Preparation,
Into this Blessed Season
Of Deep Longing

I Wait
And I Prepare
Because:

"O-Beloved One!
I am dying of yearning
to rise!"

I am Dying
of Yearning
To Become
Word Made Flesh
In My Own Words,
And Deeds, and
In All That I Am

(Quote - by Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels, 1988, 1995)

May this coming season of silence and waiting draw you more deeply inward, to the true treasures stored in the cave of your heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"