God! God! God!

I arise in the waning darkness, to meditate on this, Paramahansa Yogananda's birthday...

It is cold - we are in a deep freeze - but I am warmed by my votive candles and the presence of a Great Master and many guides, who envelope me in love...

I cross the river to meet with my gifted therapist, also devoted to Yogananda. We had chosen this day to meet and meditate together, and I am showered with many crucial insights and a precious message given to me from the Other Side...

I am overwhelmed by many feelings on this day, and come home to a message from a dear friend and soul, who has also celebrated this day of a shared Master, in her own special way...

I practice yoga and trade tips with another dear soul and friend, and it feels good to truly "Open to Grace" and all that it offers...

I drive down to the river and walk along the boat launch, gingerly cracking the ice that hugs the edges. Yet the currents in the middle of the river are strong and they flow copiously. I pay homage to a river that has been silent witness to so much...

I return home to prayers asked by another dear soul, friend, and student, whose husband will receive a long awaited transplant tomorrow, which is also the Feast of Epiphany, and the gifts bestowed by the Three Wise Men...

I am in awe of many blessings received...

I sit now, as the sun goes down, soon to begin my evening meditation, and I am drawn to my favorite prayer by Paramahansa Yogananda, which I have shared with readers here, every year. Every reading of it yields new insight, and it seems fitting to end this day and entry with it on my lips...

God! God! God!

From the depths of slumber,
As I ascend the spiral stairway of wakefulness,
I whisper:
God! God! God!

Thou are the food, and when I break my fast
Of nightly separation from Thee,
I taste Thee, and mentally say,
God! God! God!

No matter where I go, the spotlight of my mind
Ever keeps turning on Thee;
And in the battle din of activity my silent war-cry
is ever:
God! God! God!

When boisterous storms of trials shriek
And worries howl at me,
I drown their noises loudly chanting:
God! God! God!

When my mind weaves dreams
With threads of memories,
On that magic cloth I do emboss:
God! God! God!

Every night, in time of deepest sleep,
My peace dreams and calls: Joy! Joy! Joy!
And my joy comes singing evermore:
God! God! God!

In waking, eating, working, dreaming, sleeping,
Serving, meditating, chanting, divinely loving,
My soul constantly hums, unheard by any any:
God! God! God!

I savor this last paragraph, repeating it over and over again, it is truly my favorite, and it has fed my heart and soul on many of occasions. May it now feed yours...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"