Don't Go Back to Sleep

The night is long, and busy, filled with Divine Presence and visitations...

I drift in and out of sleep and meditation - sometimes I am wide awake, sometimes caught in the place between planes of existence and levels of consciousness...

I become an expansive ball of white light - of healing energy - of Divine Love - and I enfold in this Light and Love, all those for whom I am praying...Somehow, I too am touched, and I feel myself undergo a powerful shift and feel an incredible lightness in my soul...

I see the clock, at 12:45 AM, at 4:44 AM - having resisted looking at it many times before...but at 5 AM, I hear the birds singing with wild abandon. They are whispering Rumi's poem into my ear:

"The breeze at dawn
has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what
you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back
and forth between the door sill
where the worlds touch.
Don't go back to sleep."

And somehow, I feel caught in between those worlds, a busyness of souls surrounding me as if they were holding a conference in my bedroom. I ask Our Lady of Grace to be released of a burden, and feel her presence and the prayers of a dear soul as well...

I arise and sit once again, my soul having been kissed awake. I answer the summons. I am light. I am not where I was yesterday. This is another day. And it silently beckons: don't go back to sleep...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"