1.1.11

The New Year has dawned...

I sense a shift in the energies...

I meditate in the quiet, and silently ask for simple things, so reminiscent of prayers offered during the Winter Solstice:

"Let me see what I must see.
Let me hear what I must hear.
Let me be what I must be.
Let me know what I must know.
Let me be more compassionate.
Let me love more deeply..."

On a day that is the Solemnity of Mary, I entrust so many to her care, loved ones, departed ones, and those in need...

Paramahansa Yogananda offers this reminder from the first entry for the year in his Spiritual Diary:

"With the opening of the New Year,
all the closed portals of limitations
will be thrown open
and I shall move through them
to vaster fields,
where my worthwhile dreams
of life will be fulfilled."

I settle down with a cup of coffee to see what my Facebook friends have to say, and I come across this Old English Prayer, that one soul has posted, and it seems a dedication that is as good as any for this coming year:

"Take time to be friendly.
It is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream.
It is hitching your wagon to a star.
Take time to love and be loved.
It is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to look around.
It is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to laugh.
It is the music of the soul."

Whatever you do today, wherever you go, whomever you spend time with, and wherever your thoughts may wander too, remember that intentions are powerful on this day, and have the ability to shape the year to come.

Happy New Year's! May it be filled with grace, and love, and healing, and everything you need!

Comments

Darla said…
Beautiful intentions to begin our new year... Bright Blessings!
Olga Rasmussen said…
Bright blessings to you as well!
Love,
Olga

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"