Free at Last!

Freedom comes when we least expect it. It has its own time-table, and is subject to its own laws...

I think of this, as I drive in the wintry morning darkness, that is also foggy and misty and still snow covered, looking so much like a Christmas card, with the sun slowly rising...

The load seems lighter in my heart, as my friend's spirit soars higher and higher into the skies...

My heart offers practices from the Tibetan Book of the Dead, meant to aid a soul in its passing. Yet, I sense that my friend's spirit already did most of its clearing on this side of the veil...

I knew this moment was eminent - most especially when I wrote my last entry...

And now, in the quiet, and in the stillness this evening, as the sun goes down, marking the end of another day, that is barely 24 hours since my friend's passing, I reflect on my urge to sit in meditation yesterday, at exactly this same time...

I look at the clock right now - and it is 5:55 PM - the numeric symbol for Christ Consciousness. It was at this very moment that I sat and lit one votive candle in front of my salt lamp, that is always lit on my altar, as an eternal flame...


I offered my prayers and my sitting practice, as I have now for several weeks, for this incredible soul...I felt moved to offer up and share my own personal prayer and mantra that I recite everyday, with the addition of several more lines that were recently received in meditation. I offer them first for myself, and then for my dear friend Lili...

Dear One!
YOU are INFINITE!
YOU are FREE!

YOU are
As God created YOU!

Everything you need
Is inside of YOU!

Everything that IS--
IS, as it should BE!

YOU have everything
YOU WANT!

YOU have everything
YOU NEED!

And it is ENOUGH!

I urge her to seek the Light. Her work is done here. I offer to hold a healing space for her - for as long as she needs. Yes, it is hard to leave - but she must let go now. Eyes have not seen the wonders that have been prepared for her. So many await to welcome her on the other side of the veil, even as others on this side already miss her. But I know, someday - she and her loved ones - will be reunited again, because we are always ONE in the LOVE of God!

I bid her adieu - I hold a Sacred Space for her, and ask her when she is ready, to hold one for me as well. I propose a Sacred Contract: Let us help one another transition, and let go of what holds us captive, and which no longer serves us, in this life...

I sit for a while, and suddenly realize the room has gone dark. The light on my altar has gone out. And while I know now, that she died about a short while before I sat, she had given me a sign, and had now moved on. I knew, in that moment, she had been set free...

I felt lightness, and I could taste the freedom of her spirit - and felt my soul filled with the same indescribable bliss that has accompanied our spirits' merging throughout this Sacred Week. And so, while I continue to offer blessings and sacred practices for her, I somehow know they are no longer needed...

On the morning of her passing, I shared a blessing from Stephen Levine, on the blog her husband has daily updated, with the most heart-felt devotion...

"There is a grace approaching
that we shun as much as death,
it is the completion of our birth.

It does not come in time,
but in timelessness
when the mind sinks into the heart
and we remember.

It is an insistent grace that draws us
to the edge and beckons us to surrender
safe territory and enter our enormity.

We know we must pass
beyond knowing
and fear the shedding.

But we are pulled upward
none-the-less
through forgotten ghosts
and unexpected angels,
luminous.

And there is nothing left to say
but we are That.

And that is what we sing about."

On this very same day, I also stumble across this verse from the Bhagavad Gita, shared by a Facebook friend:

"We are born into this world of nature;
our second birth is into the world of spirit."

Dear soul and friend, you are free at last, as Martin Luther King Jr., proclaimed in his "I Have a Dream" speech. Yes, YOU are "free at last. Thank God Almighty, you are free at last!" And we, are all the better for it, and so grateful to know, we have you looking over us!

Lili, this one is for you! You left footprints on my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"