Be Saturated With the Divine

On this day of the Vernal Equinox, birthed in a full moon, I arise early, to meditate in the waning darkness before the gentle light of morning...

I have dispensed my husband, on a business trip to Paris, to visit the Chapel of Miraculous Mary, where St. Catherine Laboure is buried. I send him to deliver very special intentions, into which I have wrapped special requests for a dear friend and one of my yoga teachers as well...

It occurs to me, that this gifted and wonderful teacher, will be teaching her class, at the very moment my prayers and intentions will arrive at their doorstep, and so it seems, only fitting, that I attend this class...

The theme is the last of the "niyamas" of Patanjali - "Isvara Pranidhana" - or devotion to the Lord, which we work so very deeply, engaging Inner Spiral, in such a way that we not only open all the way into our back, but in our ribs and pelvic floor as well, and in the process, we sprout wings that give us a taste of the freedom that is ours for the asking and the taking, and which deposits us on the threshold of the Divine...

My teacher assertively instructs us to "be saturated with the Divine..."

And this we seek to do, in ways that elude, and that require every ounce of our breath, and all the strength we have at our disposal...

Prayers of the heart and soul, merge with embodied prayer, and I have such a sense of the Sacred coming together in every way, so that there is nowhere - where the Beloved is not...

It is no accident I am led here this morning, and as an added bonus, I see a dear friend visiting from Italy, who has come from the heartland of St. Francis of Assisi himself...

And so, in ways unexpected, two favored saints conspire to weave a web of connections that intersect in this Sunday morning yoga practice...

I drive home, with a such a sense of support from a Realm Unseen, spilling over into one that is both visible and tangible, recalling how my Italian friend described that the Italian word for support, really means to sustain, and so, in prayer, and in practice - both sides of the same coin, we truly become saturated with the Divine...

I drive home, grateful for this morning, its unexpected gifts and small miracles, for the web of connections that both sustains and nourishes me, and for the opportunity to play, once again, in a playground that fed my body and spirit for many years...

I drive home, knowing that this day is special, and perhaps a turning point, that may be remembered for years to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"