I Go Beyond

There are gifts that are both providential and transformational - and arrive in our lives without expectation...

Two gifts received - one yesterday, and the other today - are both meant for my Lenten journey...

Yesterday, my spirit merged with a dear soul companion, as our meditations became intertwined while walking the labyrinth. My friend was led to bestow a healing on me, that was both physical and spiritual, and continues to dramatically unfold, gifting me with one miracle after another...

This gift take me beyond, in ways that defy articulation...

My walk and healing at the labyrinth was an experience of Oneness and merging with the Divine that now enables me to step into the next 40 days of the desert of my Lenten Journey more fully. It is a journey I dedicate to experiencing, embodying, and reflecting, everything in God, and God in everything...

Today, I receive another providential gift from a wonderful student and friend. She brings the recording Beyond: Buddhist and Christian Prayers, exquisitely blending traditional Gregorian chants with Buddhist mantras, and I lose myself in the music, experiencing Pure Awareness and the Presence of the Divine in every note - as my dear friend whom I met at the labyrinth, a gifted musician - strives to do in her practice...

Just yesterday I asked her, how can one dedicate every note to God, and be mindful of it? But today, I know how to do this! My spirit rejoices and dances in this music, and I know it will be the backdrop for my practice this Lenten Season...

And my body dances as well! My spirit coaxes my body out of its Winter lethargy, inviting me to literally dance with the Divine!

Fortified with the prayers and healing of a dear friend - I am now able to scatter more blessings, and hold more Divine Light. So deep in the night, I hold a healing space, for two souls hurting very deeply, as I come in and out of sleep, chanting mantras and prayers...

Steeped in the sacredness of more prayers expressed as sacred chants and mantras on this recording I was gifted with, I continue to expand inwardly...I have the sense that this Lenten walk will be transformational in ways seen and unseen...

I savor the spiritual message written and delivered by Tina Turner on Beyond, who is herself, a Buddhist practitioner, and it haunts me as I receive ashes on my forehead, today, on Ash Wednesday, the beginning of my Lenten Journey:

"Nothing lasts forever, no one lives forever, the flower that fades and dies, winter passes and spring comes, embrace the cycle of life, that is the greatest love.

Go BEYOND FEAR...

Beyond fear takes you into the place where love grows, where you refuse to follow the impulses of fear, anger and revenge.

BEYOND MEANS TO FEEL YOURSELF...

Start every day singing like the birds - singing takes you beyond, beyond, beyond.

We all need a repeated discipline, a genuine training to let go our old habits of mind and to find and sustain a new way of seeing.

GO BEYOND THE RIGHTS AND WRONGS...

Prayer clears the head and brings back peace in the soul.

GO BEYOND TO FEEL THE O-N-E-NESS OF THE UNITY...

Sing - singing takes you beyond, beyond, beyond, beyond...

We are all the same, all the same, looking to find our way back to the source, to the ONE, to the only ONE.

GO BEYOND REVENGE...

The greatest moment in our lives is when we allow us to teach each other.

TAKE THE JOURNEY INSIDE OF YOU...

To become quiet to hear the beyond. To become patient to receive the beyond. To become open to invite the beyond and be grateful to allow the beyond. Be in the present moment to live in the beyond.

Start every day singing like the birds - singing takes you beyond, beyond, beyond.

WHAT DOES LOVE HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

LOVE grows when you trust. When you trust, LOVE heals and renews. LOVE inspires and empowers us to do great things and makes us a better person to love. LOVE makes us feel safe and brings us closer to God.

When you go beyond, that's where you find true love."

This Lenten Season, may you go beyond your own limitations, and live more fully and deeply, and embody the Divine in everything you do, say, and are!

"Beyond right and wrong
there is a field,
I will meet you there."
~ Rumi

(For more information, visit:)
http://www.beyondsinging.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"