A New Song in My Heart

The days ebb and flow, like the tide, slowly, and gently...

Life has truly slowed down to the crawl of each present moment and there is no place and no time where God is not...

I enjoy my days, filled with so much freedom, and devoid of commitments...

Rumi's wisdom, comes to me from across the ages, speaking to my heart, acknowledging that the current rhythm of my life is healing and what is needed. I enjoy each breath, and a new lease on life, and taste freedom in each breath, and in each moment spent in the company of friends, loved ones, and whomever the Spirit sends:

"The motion of the body,
the inhaling and exhaling,
comes from the spirit...

When you are not with close friends,
you are not in the Presence...

Be a pilgrim to the kaaba inside,
and Mecca will rise into view on its own..."

These words come to me in the early morning, and I carry them in my heart, as my husband and I go to explore Euro Cafe, with our various Sunday papers. It is less busy there, than our local Starbuck's and much quieter as well...

The barista knows each of his clients by name and their drink of choice. He strikes up interesting conversations with them that are hard to ignore, and that lure me in, drawing my attention away from my reading. When I leave, he asks me how my coffee was. I tell him, it is the best cappuccino I have had since Vancouver or Europe, and he nods to me in gratitude.

I come home, and a dear friend bids me to read an except from Yogani, and I am drawn to this sentence:

"The best way to become enlightened
is to do our daily yoga practices...
All we have to do is sit
in our meditation room every day,
and then go out and give our love away."

Truly, what else is there to do? What could be more important?

Life is full, and deep and rich, and each day arrives bearing its own gifts and mysteries...

There is a new song in my heart, and with the support of my new guitar, whom I have named Cecilia Saraswati, I begin to give voice to music the universe has never heard before
...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Olga, I hear the joy in your words, and I'm happy to hear them :) Sheila

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"