Everything that Begins, Ends

Everything that begins, ends - like a delightful book. And everything that ends, gives rise to a new beginning...

I curl up with a good book until I finish it, in the gentle afternoon rain, on this Labor Day, grateful that I had two months to myself, to heal from surgery, and step away from responsibilities.

I reflect on the experiences and insights I have had, the time for quiet, and putting my house in order, tackling jobs I had set aside for months and even years...

I finish a season, and conclude a portion or phase of my life, characterized by slow and mindful living, soon to plunge deeply into weeks and months of increased busyness, classes, and other responsibilities, and yet, there is a part of me that is already missing what was, and yet is also truly understanding we must always love and accept what is...

I leave behind what was, and what gave birth to a new way of living and being, which now spills over into what is - re-structuring, re-ordering, and re-designing the parameters of my well ordered life - that I will navigate like a different river, explored for the first time...

Now is the time to move forward. Now is the time for growth...

And while it may appear that things will once more be as they were, they truly cannot be, for I am not the same. Those wonderful weeks of healing and recuperating allowed me to plumb depths within that had not been explored or visited in a long time. Slow interior growth, sprung forth in valleys that had lain fallow for such a long time...

I do not know what comes next. But, I know it is another chapter. I can sense it. I can feel it. Nothing ever, truly remains the same.

And so, I end one more book in the series a dear friend gifted me with earlier this summer. I have one more volume left, and one more week, somewhat to myself. In a matter of days, the volumes will have been finished, and the books put aside. The cleaning and purging of my house, will also be be finished for the time being. The memory of summer will linger on, though the season itself will be part of the past.

Everything that begins, ends. To everything in life, there is a season. The days are already markedly shorter, and the mornings much darker. It is time to set aside what was, and step more fully into the nascent fall season, and what is. It is time to open to grace once more, and receive the gifts of a new season, a new life, new students, and new opportunities...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"