A Season for Change

The month is nearly half way through, and slowly I am wandering from room to room - weeding out all that does not seem necessary to me right now - such as volumes upon volumes that I will never read - again or ever - diligently uncluttering crevices - and clearing corners and surfaces - in this inexplicable urge to cleanse and simplify...

It began with my meditation/office area - or perhaps earlier this summer when we finally bought a new car to replace my unreliable and not so fuel efficient ride...

In my meditation space I have rearranged countless and priceless murtis and statues - shifting energy - but also segregating my collection as well - bringing to the forefront energies I most identify with at the moment. I felt compelled to move things around on my altar, and clear it up a bit. Now things feel clean and a bit more spacious - at least from the energetic perspective.

It is a season for change... This whole year has been about change in so many ways - some were unexpected and not chosen - while others were planned.

Those of you who are regular readers of this blog have noticed that it just got a facelift this week after no changes to its basic design for a couple of years or so. The picture of the river has been replaced with one a dear friend took in August. Ironically, it is not unlike what the river looks like now - pretty green and overtaken by the hydrilla and emerald algae which is toxic. I love this picture because it reminds me that the river that I frequent now is a different river altogether, for we never step into the same river twice...

Yesterday, a dear friend and former yoga student of mine from about 8 years ago, visited my class, and afterwards I brought her down to the river, where I pointed out all the changes to its topography in the last several years. It barely seems like the same place. But then, I barely feel like the same person...

Soon, my website will also take on a new look as I seek to bring it more in line with who I am - and where I am today - and as I purge my life of its past - of so many of its possessions - and of so much of what defined me in the last several years...

And while there is a sadness to all this - there is also a sense of urgency...

This is a time for change once again - of letting go...

Once more, the mantra that was whispered in my ears years ago as I paddled upstream - repeats itself again and again in my heart:

"Let go of holding on;
and hold on to letting go..."

It seems to be a fitting mantra as we head towards the New Moon on Saturday, and the Autumnal Equinox and Rosh Hashanah next week - which is the Jewish New Year...

Yes - it is a season for change - for letting go of what no longer serves - for lightening the load - and making space for new beginnings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"