Perfect Love on 12-12-12

I read into the late evening, inspirational and spiritual words, and then close my book at 11:50 PM and begin meditating and praying, knowing I begin these prayers in the early morning of 12-12-12, and that it will bridge and include the time of 12:12 AM.

I drift off into sleep eventually, and sleep deeply and well, for the first time in a long time...

I arise in the morning mindful of the hearts and souls that will also meditate, pray, chant, and do yoga on this day, the last of its kind for 100 years...

I go on a walk, do yoga, and sit down to meditate for almost an hour, before midday, once more including the moment of 12:12 PM, with candles burning in all four directions and all four altars in my meditation room...

Daylight wanes, and soon it will be time for meditation once more at twilight...

On this day, I give gratitude for all that is - and all that has been - for the lessons received, and for those I have yet to learn. I ask forgiveness of all those I have transgressed - mindfully enumerating them one by one, and forgive those who have transgressed against me. But most of all, I forgive myself, and this is in many ways, the hardest act...

I invoke my guides, and angels, and saints - and the deities I am devoted to, from every spiritual tradition - those that have nourished me, and those I have adopted. I call on them all - as well as my ancestors, and friends, and relatives that have passed on...

I place myself at the feet of the Divine and in the hands of Mother Mary, and other icons of the pantheon of the Divine Feminine. I implore for all those I have been praying for - those in need - those who are hurting, dying, afraid - those who are sick - and those who have passed on. I pray for them - and for their loved ones...

I ask, that in the new year, I see what I must see - and hear what I must hear. I ask to correct all of my mistaken perceptions and let go of attachment to illusions. I ask to let go of fear - for it is the absence of love. I remember a dream I had decades ago where my guides danced around me, gleefully singing, "Perfect love casts out all fear!"

There is much to do yet - and so little time... I pray that I, and so many more continue to awaken to the reality that love is all there is...

This is what I ask for - this I meditate upon - and this I wish for you. May you know love. May you release all impediments to love. May you embody love. May you shine love everywhere - and may you unite in love with everyone - as one - in the One...

For perfect love casts out all fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"