One Step at a Time

There are times in this life, when we are taken care of...

There are times in this life, when others take care of us...

Life is truly an endless dance of giving and receiving...

There are times when we are in great need of prayers, of support, of unconditional love - and the caring of selfless souls who spill out the very essence of their souls for us, touches us profoundly...

There are times when we are the ones doing the spilling - as we respond to those in need - be they loved ones, or perfect strangers...

St. Francis of Assisi once wrote, that in giving we receive...

Mother Teresa of Calcutta urged everyone, to give until it hurt...

St Jeanne de Chantal taught that we cannot always do great things - but we can always do small things with great love... And I have come to realize, my place in this life is not to make a big splash - but to go about my work quietly, allowing my interior life to flourish and blossom...

Jesus taught that we are to love one another as God has loved us and every major spiritual tradition teaches that love is all that matters...

Those who return from near death experiences come back transformed and affirm that love is all there is... 

Love is all that matters...

It is why we are here... We help one another on the journey...

These were my thoughts today in prayer, on my walk, and in my reflections this afternoon, as I considered those who have been there for me in my times of most need - and as I send love and encouragement to those currently in need - and they are so many...

And so, I share with you this poem, birthed from words written earlier today, which I hope brought a dear one some comfort. May you find comfort in these lines as well...

One Step at a Time

May you find peace today-- 
in one small thing.

May you find joy today--
in one small thing.

For it is in the little things
that we find God.
Seek Him there
and not elsewhere...

Begin with one step...
Place one foot 
in front of the other...

And just take:
One step at a time...
One breath at a time...
One prayer at a time...

Just for today:
That is all that is required...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"