Solstice Prayer

Today we mark the Winter Solstice...

It is when the Earth offers her exhale into her inhale - pausing for a moment, in Stillness, before reversing and beginning her journey back to days increasingly filled with Light.

I posted this prayer in 2009, after having borrowed it from a friend... Thanks again Bob!

A Midwinter Prayer

"From the rising of the midwinter sun
to its setting,
Scatter the darkness
with the light of your love,
O Shining One.

Make me short on mean thoughts,
long on offers of words of comfort.
Make me short on being driven,
long on paying attention.

Make me short on focusing only on my own,
long on looking beyond.
Make me short on obsessive thoughts,
long on spontaneous acts of kindness.

Make me short on mindless activity,
long on time to reflect.
Make me short on tradition as a habit,
long on rediscovery and re-owning.

Make me short on rushing or tiring,
long on walking and wondering.
Make me short on false, festive jollity,
long on stilling and rooted joy.

Make me short on guilt,
long on being merciful to myself.
Make me short on being overwhelmed,
long on peaceableness as I set forth this day."

~ From The Celtic Wheel of the Year
by Tess Ward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"