Begin Again

Just a few days ago I wrote about undertaking one simple task for your day...

Just for today, be more patient...

Just for today, clean out one drawer...

When we set simple goals like these ones, we tend to be more successful...

But, what about when we aren't successful?

What about when we fail?

What about those moments we think we've taken great strides and thought we'd made great progress and then something reminds us that we haven't?

Have we gone back to "square one?"

Well, not really...

You see, we can always begin again...

And again...

And again...

Every day we wake up is precisely that - a new day - and a new opportunity. We can pick ourselves up, and dust ourselves off, and start over. We can begin again...

So maybe you didn't exercise at all over the holidays. Or eat in the most healthy manner. Maybe you meant to start yesterday and did - but then had something you shouldn't have had later.

Do you beat yourself up?

NO! Just begin again...

Today is a new day. In most of the country, it is very cold today. Dangerously so, in fact...

I wanted to go for a walk this weekend, but not with the ice and wind chills... I talked myself out of it.

But today is a new day. I can begin again. So I am going to get my rear in gear and get up out of this chair - and into my car - and go to the mall...

Because this is a new day. And this is a day to begin again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"