Fill Your Cup With Good Things

A New Year is here. 

Another one has been dispatched...

We could sit here and talk about how hard it was - or how bad it was. But I will not do that. And neither should you. Let's not give the past anymore energy...

I choose to look ahead instead...

I am grateful for the many blessings and miracles that I believe are currently unfolding in my life, and in the lives of others...

This year, I chose to usher it in differently, and dispelled with my usual rituals. I thought instead, of what I would like to fill this year with. I thought of the new year as a cup, filled with many good things.

What would you like to fill your cup and your new year with?

What kind of drink warms your body and your heart? Good coffee - tea, or hot cocoa? It really doesn't matter what your pour into your cup.

Imagine yourself holding your cup filled with your warm drink of choice. It happens to be very cold where I am at this morning.

Feel the warmth of your cup.

Hold it tightly - and let the steam bathe and sooth you, warming your face and hands. 

Now, imagine yourself dropping all the things you want for this new year into this cup, and let them fall in, carefully, drop by drop, maybe even making a tiny splash...

I think of the theme for my year. I will write about this later this week - and I carefully release it into my steaming cup where it blends in with my delicious drink.

I release my goals, and the practices I am cultivating for the coming year, and I take time to list them in my journal. To make sure that I establish my desired routine, I actually began them a few weeks before the end of the year...

You can pick anything - and everything you choose - whatever speaks to you... Goals, themes, characteristics you would like to work on such as the cultivation of greater compassion and sensitivity - the desire to live a more healthy lifestyle and what you will do to procure and ensure your desired outcomes.

To make things easier, you might want to record these things in a journal as I did, or in small notebooks you have specially designated for certain tasks. For example, I have a small notebook where I list all the healthy things I do throughout the course of a day - not to judge myself or beat myself up, but to record and gauge my progress. That way I have a sense of what I need to focus on more. 

I also have a stenographer's notebook where I list the affirmations I am working with presently, writing them out, and repeating them on a daily basis.

Really, it does not matter what you choose to do - or whether you begin today - or tomorrow - or some time later this month.

It doesn't have to be complicated. It can be as simple as sitting down for a moment today with that hot drink and visualizing yourself filling that cup with all the things you want for this year - and beyond - for yourself - for your loved ones - for our world!

And then, simply let go of the rest!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"