Take a Sacred Pause!

"I felt in need of a pilgrimage,
so I sat STILL
for three days."
~ Hafiz

The Persian poet Hafiz knew a thing or too, and even back in the 14th century, things were not that different than they are today.

People were busy. Overwhelmed. Scattered.

There was just too much to do and take care of. 

People had serious burdens and none of the comforts we take for granted these days. Like running hot water. Or health care - for the most part!

If Hafiz were around today, he would say to us:

"Take a sacred pause!"

Yes, right here, right now!

I woke up feeling anxious and overwhelmed and went for a walk. It's what I do most mornings anyway. It grants me a clarity of heart and spirit that is food for my soul. It is also an opportunity for my intuition to provide the insights I need for course corrections in my life and for creative endeavors as well.

My walk is a meditation. But more than that, it is a sacred pause. It acts as a reset button.

Your sacred pause might be different from mine. Maybe all you have time for is a cup of tea or coffee, or a few breaths in the morning as you get up, and take in the rays of the rising sun, while you express your gratitude for another day of living.

Maybe your sacred pause is taking your dog for a walk - or playing with your cat - or listening to a friend - or smiling at an overwhelmed barista, and thanking her for your coffee.

Your sacred pause does not have to be a monumental experience. It can be as simple as taking a deep breath in and saying:

"Here I am! Guide me and lead me in this moment!"

You get the gist.

So today, take your sacred pause! In fact, take a series of them! Maybe aim for three times a day! Ancient mystics, desert dwellers and monks, embodied these sacred pauses and wove them into the fabric of their day - by coming together as a community to pray and recite the psalms at key junctures throughout the day - and by further exercising them in their work and play.

Take your pause today, and be still an instant. Maybe someday, you can work up to three whole days of stillness!





I invite you to visit and "LIKE" Meditation Pure and Simple on Facebook for daily inspirations.
Or website: Meditation Pure and Simple
And for a FREE file with "Three Energy Saving Practices," sign in here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"