Want to Be Free? Just Pick Three!

Do you feel that your life is too busy? And out of control? That there is just too much to do and you hardly make a dent on your "To Do" list?

I have felt that way.

Recently I noticed that I was really stressed out. More so than usual and especially when I got up in the morning and started thinking of all I had to do. I tried to get ahead of myself by working a lot during the day and shutting down my computer at 11 pm sometimes.

That is really no way to live.

So I came up with another plan.

I was out on a walk early one morning and then it came to me. What if I just wrote down 3 to 4 things I wanted to get done in one day and just focused on that, rather than a LONG list of stuff I may or might not get to throughout the week?

And what if I let unfinished projects wait until the following Monday instead of working on them sporadically throughout the weekend? 

What if I simply demanded less of myself and instead gave myself the gift of time?

It seemed quite sensible.

I am happy to report that it is working.

I went to Staples and found a wonderful "To Do" pad with two columns. One side is titled "do it now" and the other, "do it later." At the end of each row there was a simple check off box.

I filled in 3 things per day for the week - and if I needed to carry something over, that became the 4th. And rather than fill in tasks for each day of the week, I'd aim for a couple of days and see how things evolved.

There was such a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. I also only allowed myself to work until dinner, and promised myself I would not get back to the computer in the evenings, but instead use that time to read.

So, now I am less stressed and feeling that I am actually getting things done - and I've read some books as well!

Remember - the only deadlines you really have are the ones you impose upon yourself.

If you want to be free, then just pick three things a day to work on. You will end up being more productive and happy!




Join my Facebook community list and page, Meditation Pure and Simple, and receive my Three Energy Saving Practices as my gift to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"