You Don't Know What You Don't Know

You don't know
what you don't know.
Be gentle with yourself.

We think we know everything. I know I do.

We think we know what is happening. 

We think we know what other people are thinking. And what they are feeling.

We think that that the way we interpret reality is the correct version of current affairs. But really, this only brings to the forefront, our lack of wisdom and knowledge.

There is so much we don't know.

We don't know the pain people carry within.

Recently, several well known celebrities took their lives, and many, on social media, posted messages and phone numbers for those suffering to reach out. But here's the thing. When you are in such deep pain, you hide it well. And you don't reach out. I know this, because I have struggled with depression and many around me had no idea.

You don't often know what you think you know. About others, and yourself as well. Sometimes, you are very surprised to realized you were completely mistaken about someone or a situation. 

So, take a moment to breathe. Be grateful for all that is good. And positive. And believe me, there is always something that is.

Accept all that is. There are things we can change - and things that we can't.

And remember to be gentle with yourself. It has to start there. Only then, can you be gentle with others. And forgiving. And loving.

That is how we can make a difference.

Let go of thinking you know it all. And just be open. See what insights come.

Join my Facebook community page and list, Meditation Pure and Simple, and receive my Three Energy Saving Practices as my gift to you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"