Divine Day at the River

I begin this entry, at precisely 11:11 AM. For those into numerology, you know I begin it on an auspicious moment of perfection.

Every moment is perfect as it is. And every moment is auspicious. Each one comes bearing its own unique gifts, whether we have the eyes to see such things and the ears to hear them - or not...

I arose and went down to the river with Grace, my kayak, and a cup of coffee in tow. It has been such a long time since we've been able to go paddling because of my physical recovery from surgery, the constant rains of the last couple of weeks, and appointments that had been on my schedule for some time. But today, the universe conspired to assist me and grant me this wish! That, and the fact that an insightful dream last night very much indicated I must go in. And so I did, on this magnificent morning, where the gentle breeze and the warmth of the sun joined together to enshroud me in its canopy of healing magic.

There is nothing like the exhilaration of those first few moments when you push away, and surrendering to the river and its currents, you allow yourself to glide effortlessly, wherever you are led. You cannot push the river. But if you let go, and merge with its rhythm, you find this wonderful groove, between effort and surrender that is both blissful and delicious. And so, I floated for a while, slowing down to the present moment, and listening to the river's gentle teachings and reminders to me:

"What is real, is illusion;
What seems illusion can be real.

Be present in this moment, fully.
Everything that is, is.
And everything is perfect, as it is.

Let go, and

Accept everything.

Practice compassion and gratitude
More deeply in the coming year."

Timely lessons, for the moment. For this day. Timely lessons for any moment. For any day. Timely lessons on the last day of one month, and the eve of a new one.Timely lessons for the end of a year and the beginning of a new one. Timely lessons for every year.

Today, may you hear the messages that most speak to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"