Inner Reflections 2012

This is the time of year that I look forward to getting my new calendars for the coming year. I like to collect yoga poses and create my own wall calendar for my office. But I also like a good, "old fashioned" desk calendar that I can write in. As tech savvy as I am, I just prefer a beautiful engagement calendar with inspirational quotes to feed my soul from week to week during the coming year.

These calendars have changed throughout the years, but for the last several ones, my desk has been beautifully graced and my soul has been just as equally inspired, by the "Inner Reflections" calendars published by the Self-Realization Fellowship. Each yearly edition is nothing short of exquisite - comprised of breathtaking photographs accompanied by inspirational quotes and selections from the writings of Paramahansa Yogananda.

And so, I recently received the 2012 edition, with its beautiful fall maple leaves on the cover - a simple composition of gorgeous bursts of orange, reds, and a hint of yellow, against a turquoise backdrop.

I will share with you a few excerpts from this calendar - each week showcases a visual feast for the eyes depicting simple and majestic scenes from nature, paired with an appropriate selection from Yogananda. I opened the calendar randomly a few times and these are the quotes on those pages:

"Practice the art of living in this world without losing your inner peace of mind. Follow the path of balance.

It is wise now and then to remove yourself from everyday considerations, to calm your mind and try to understand what kind of person you are and what kind of person you want to be...

Every day look at yourself in the mirror of introspection... That is the way you can become flawless in the spiritual mirror of your soul...

Whether your worldly possessions be many or few, you are still rich in gifts from God. Love Him, not for the outward things He may give you but for His gift to you of Himself as your Father..."

This last quote, comes from my birthday week!

This wonderful calendar is priced at $13.95 and is available in many bookstores, but it can also be ordered directly from the publisher:

Self-Realization Fellowship:
www.yogananda-srf.org

Treat yourself and loved one to a wonderful gift that will keep on giving every week of the coming year. I have treasured mine and kept them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"