Take a Prayer Break!

Today is National Day of Prayer, and a wonderful opportunity to take some time to say a prayer, or spend a few moments in meditation...

I began my day, by doing a few meditations by the river after arising this morning, followed by sitting for an hour, for an exquisite session, filled and blessed by many insights, cascading all around me. It occurred to me, that I was "tuning" into the vibrations of many others joined in prayer today, and connected to saints and angels in the celestial realms.

I have chosen to share a few brief prayers here from Paramahansa Yogananda for your own reflections. All of the quotes are by one of my favorite of his books, Where There is Light, published by the Self-Realization Fellowship, in Los Angeles, CA, All rights reserved.

Enjoy!

"O Divine Teacher, let me realize that though the gloom of my ignorance be age-old, with the dawn of Thy light the darkness will vanish as though it had never been."

"Bless me, that I may find Thee in the temple of each thought and activity. Finding Thee within, I will find Thee without, in all people, and in all conditions."

"Dear Father, whatever conditions confront me, I know that they represent the next step in my unfoldment. I will welcome all tests because I know that within me is the intelligence to understand and the power to overcome."

"Divine Father, this is my prayer: I care not what I permanently possess, but give me the power to acquire at will whatever I daily need."

May your day be filled with prayers and you be blessed with the fruits of those prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"