Filled to the Brim

Every now and then, we have days that are magical...

We have days overflowing with love, and grace, and gratitude, and connection...

We have days that are filled to the brim!

I had one of those days, yesterday...

It began the previous evening, as I meditated and prayed in bed for so many who had made requests. And as I did so, I was overwhelmed with compassion and love - with bliss and peace - and light in even in the dark of night. I knew that somehow, all would be well.

The next day I awoke overflowing with the same feelings, and I quickly began my day filled with errands of all sorts.

After my first stop, I realized I had begun my day without having taken the time to enjoy my morning cup of coffee, and almost immediately, I saw a slight man - trying to stay warm, opening up and organizing his coffee cart - on this brisk, nippy morning, that was barely out of the 30's! Who makes coffee in that kind of weather - outside?

I approached him and asked him if he was open. He was. He asked what I wanted - and was so present and listened to me. Did I want the usual three pumps of hazelnut? I countered - what about one and half? For a few moments no one else inhabited the world but this bright eyed man who graciously made me the best cup of coffee he could, and me. I tipped him and thanked him, and we wished each other a wonderful day - that had already become much brighter and warmer than either of us could have envisioned.

And so my day went - connecting with perfect strangers everywhere! I tried to see if I could be credited for a pair of eyeglasses that I had ordered without my insurance card. And though I created more work for the young woman who attended me, I thanked her profusely for her time and her care, and wished her the happiest of holiday seasons. She seemed genuinely startled, and it occurred to me, that she probably bore the brunt of more complaints than anything else.

I ran more errands, then stopped at a nearby church for while to say some more prayers - overflowing with gratitude for the many beautiful experiences and encounters I had had.

At the end of my day, I lay in bed once more - my hands over my heart - grateful for the most perfect day. It was the simplest of days. Filled with the mundane. Filled with love. Filled with the holy. Filled to the brim!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"