A Light Look at Life's Journey

I received these quotes recently from The Inner Journey Newsletter, and they seemed appropriate to share. My sister and I are on the brink of celebrating birthdays mere days apart - even though there is almost a ten year difference between us - and I will always be older one of the two. For one year every decade - we actually inhabit the same decade!

Some of these gave me a reason to smile, and I couldn't resist adding some "editorial comments..."

"Inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened."
- Cora Harvey Armstrong.

(You mean - someone else thinks that way also?)

"The hardest years in life
are those between 10 and 70."
- Helen Hayes (at 73)

(I guess that means she knows!)

"Old age ain't no place for sissies."
- Bette Davis

(Amen! I hear you!)

"Thirty-five is when you finally get your head
together and your body starts falling apart."
- Caryn Leschen

(Well, maybe not thirty-five!)

"If you can find a path with no obstacles,
it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
- Frank A. Clark

(This must mean I'm actually going somewhere!)

"I'm looking forward to looking back on all this."
- Sandra Knell

(Are we there yet???)

And, to all of you celebrating birthdays this month - have a great one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"