Joy to the World!

Christmas Eve, gently yields up its spirit into the joy of Christmas Day, during Midnight Mass, at Holy Trinity Parish in Georgetown, where John F. Kennedy once worshiped, as we sing:

Joy to the World!

I awaken late in the morning but still manage to meditate in the quiet stillness while my household peacefully sleeps...I lose myself in time, sitting without needing to observe any time constraints, experiencing bliss and wishing for all:

Joy to the World!

I enjoy a simple morning exchanging very few but thoughtful gifts, brunch and coffee, with my husband and my son, who has spent the night for the first time since he moved out on his own, six months ago. I am grateful and proud of all of his accomplishments, as my heart proclaims:

Joy to the World!

I head down to the river on a magnificent day, and decide I can paddle for a brief while, under the observant eyes of my men, who have never really watched me engage in my sacred ritual. The currents are delicious, the water looks blue, and I am surrounded by ondulating rivulets of water, dancing about, in their own unique expression of freedom and joy. The air is crisp and clean, and herons are dancing all about, playfully skipping on the surface of the water. I paddle and meditate briefly and give thanks for the gift of this river. I exclaim:

Joy to the World!

I emerge from the healing waters energized, my ablutions done, and I reflect upon the beautiful entry from Yogananda's Spiritual Diary for this day...

"May the Christmas spirit you feel not end with today;
may it be with you every night as you meditate.
Then in the silence of your own mind,
as you drive away all restless thoughts,
Christ Consciousness will come.
If we follow the spirit of Jesus
we shall surely experience every day
his presence with us."

And, I cannot help but pray:

Joy to the World!

The light of day begins to wane as my son prepares a succulent Christmas Dinner, and my soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord once again, as my soul sings:

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and heaven, and nature sing...

He rules the world, with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of his righteousness,
And wonders of His Love,
and wonders of His Love,
And wonders, and wonders, of His Love!"

Once more, as it does every year, joy has come to the world! May it fill your heart, not just on this day, but on every day of the year as well. May your heart and soul be born again in Christ Consciousness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"