Clarity is Freedom

"Clarity is freedom."
~ Teresa of Avila

There are days that initially seem foggy, lost, dense - and then clarity is offered in a way that cannot be denied - and may come wrapped in brutal honesty...

There are friends that hold up the mirror to where we continually need to do the work...

There are issues we must address that keep re-surfacing again, and again, and again...Life is like that...

Yesterday, a gifted craniosacral therapist and a dear soul friend both offered such opportunities to reflect, take stock, re-consider options, and re-set the course for deeper growth...

For the first time, I found myself considering a surgical procedure that I had totally disregarded - even though it had been suggested so many times. I would not hear of it. I could not listen. I was not ready...

My craniosacral therapist is a wise woman, and under her healing touch and guidance, my body undeniably expressed what it wanted, and I just simply, could no longer refuse to listen to the message given to me - which had been offered by others, at various junctures, these last 5 or 6 years...

Then, my friend, ever the wise soul - in reaction to my articulation of several disappointments - bluntly enumerated all the many overlooked blessings in my life and asked me: "Why is this not enough?"

I found myself waking up this morning, and mentally answering this question - probing, delving deeply, creating a list of the things I wanted to see in my life - realizing they all required external validation - and as my friend wisely observed - that would never satisfy...

Of course, I am being very vague here in terms of specific details - because really - they do not matter. We all have the experience of desiring something that we think will make us happy - but as I truly know - and my friend simply reminded me - happiness comes from within. It is a state of mind. NO ONE can give you happiness. No one will make you ever feel fulfilled for the seeds of such a state and perspective - only come from within, and the realization of our connection to the Divine...

It is such a seemingly easy answer. But such a difficult lesson to learn!

We come to the mat and our various spiritual practices to know that. To gain greater clarity - as it was offered to me - not once - but twice - yesterday. And the truth is, such clarity - though often blunt - and perhaps not gently given or received - is the key to greater freedom.

When I am sensible enough to do Byron Katie's The Work - invariably, I find that my response to the question: "What would you be without that thought?" - is simply - "I'd be free..."

Take whatever clarity is offered to you - so that you may grow and truly become everything that is already magnificent within you - and is just seeking self-expression...

I received these words from Gena Livings' (The Livings Key Principles) - a fellow inspirational companion from Facebook and Twitter and it seems an appropriate way to end this morning:

"May nature's song from sunrise to sunset
broaden our minds, lift our hearts,
and guide us to a place 'within'
where we STAND in the TRUTH
and in the BEAUTY of who we really 'ARE!"

To which I simply and humbly add, Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"