Moments That Are Heaven Sent

There are moments that are heaven sent...There are moments that are filled with messages...There are experiences and encounters that contain hidden treasures in the form of needed insights. There are messages received that disclose kernels of wisdom...

I find myself reflecting on so many things discussed with two dear friends recently - one over a couple glasses of wine, the other on a walk yesterday...Besides the companionship, both reunions have yielded a treasure trove of insights that my heart is deeply pondering...

Yesterday, I was able to articulate clearly, for the first time, a major shift in direction and perspective for me. I had the opportunity to hone this vision - this realization - more clearly through the gifted eyes and insight of a beloved soul...

Several times this summer, I have referred to being at a crossroads of sorts, and then today I receive Gena Livings' insightful newsletter with these words:

"There are many moments in your life when you stand, as it were, at a crossroad, with two ways lying before you. One road will leave to less gratitude, less kindness, less forgiveness, less honesty, or less love in the world. The other will leave to more gratitude, more kindness, more forgiveness, more honesty, or more love in the world.

In each moment, your work here on earth is to CHOOSE which road you will take."

Yes, we are continually making those choices. And as I shared with my friend yesterday, for several years I have largely relied on the guidance of others, as I've steered the ship of my life. Now, I want to rely more deeply on my inner wisdom and resources...

Every day, we make choices that do enable us to be more grateful and kind - and to see the goodness that is inherent in our experiences. I continually choose to envision a world that is a better place...

One of my favorite sayings by George Bernard Shaw, was quoted by Sen. Ted Kennedy, during the funeral of his own brother, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy:

"Some men [or women] see things as they are, and ask why?
I dream of things that never, were, and ask - why not?"

There are moments that are heaven sent - and insights that are gifts from God - presented by treasured souls. They remind us that that every day, we can begin again. Through our choices we can re-imagine ourselves and the world that we live in, and create a world and life that has never been before...

(For Gena Livings' website - visit:)
www.genalivings.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"