Love Actually - Is All There Is

I am ending my yoga classes for the season with my "classic" Holiday Class - which I've done for about 6 years now - and it includes restoratives, longer holds of forward bends and hip openers, and a mini - Yoga Nidra - inviting quiet introspection - while I read selections of my latest volume of poems, with seasonal music in the background that is both soft and instrumental.

This year, I decided to use the theme, "Love Actually," because I simply adore this holiday movie. I love the way it begins and ends, and I delight in so many of the witty lines and irreverent situations. It is truly a feel good movie that tugs at the heart strings, and makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside!

I began this morning, all excited about teaching and thinking of my theme and the movie that inspired it, and within a few short moments, reminders of love - and how - "love actually" - is really all there is in this world, seemed to materialize in every piece of email I read, and every encounter I had!

Now, if you could close your eyes and still read - that would be great - but since you can't - just simply imagine Hugh Grant narrating, speaking to you - and only you:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion is starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.

When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls form the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

So yes - if you look for it - and are open to it - you'll see, know and experience - that "love actually" is all there is. It will come upon you and remind you - that whatever it is that gets ignited in this season, can remain as a warm glow, throughout all the other seasons as well!

Comments

Erin said…
Love this blog today!!! Great movie and even better wisdom from you! Thanks for such a happy thought for today!

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"